Eupraxia Training’s practices align with the Common Foundations, which are part of the Common Approach to Impact Measurement.
The Common Approach to Impact Measurement is a community of non-profits, social enterprises, grant makers, investors and academics “building a better way to measure social impact.” It emerged from Ontario’s Social Enterprise Strategy 2016-2021 that led to the creation of an Impact Measurement Task Force. The task force resulted in a report which recommended a ‘common approach’ to impact measurement that is intended to provide a foundation for sector-wide measurement, and a reporting methodology that social enterprises can build upon and continue to evolve through insights and lessons learned. The Common Approach to Impact Measurement, based at Carleton University, was established to advance this agenda. They have been working to articulate the Common Approach by convening stakeholders and defining the following: essential practices, flexible indicator standards (that relate social and environmental indicators to UN Sustainable Development Goals), and a community- owned enabling infrastructure that would make it easier for social enterprises to manage data and learn from each other. In addition, a common set of organizational indicators, is also being defined.
The Common Foundations summarize five practices that form the basis of impact measurement. These practices can be carried out in many different ways, but are essential to identifying and measuring the impact of an initiative.
- Check out the Common Approach website: https://carleton.ca/commonapproach/ or https://carleton.ca/commonapproach/wp-content/uploads/20200116-CommonFoundations.pdf
- Check out the CCEDNet Common Foundations page: https://ccednet-rcdec.ca/en/page/common-approach-impact-measurement
- Join the Common Foundations group on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/12373579/
- Follow the Common Approach to Impact Measurement on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/common-approach-to-impact-measurement/
- See another example of how the logo and icons can be integrated: https://www.demonstratingvalue.org/blogs/common-approach-impact-measurement
- Watch introductory videos from the Social Enterprise Institute training program: https://www.socialimpact.tools/the-common-foundations-of-impact-measurement/
- Check out the training modules from the Social Enterprise Institute at the bottom of the CCEDNet page: https://ccednet-rcdec.ca/en/page/common-approach-impact-measurement
- Check out the videos about the Common Foundations: https://vimeo.com/showcase/6635153